Friday, March 23, 2007

Jade Pagoda and Visions of the future



So Marc's class was in kerry hall today, after it got out I went to go catch the 49 going to U-district. It was to be a while before I got there but I turned around and read this article http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/283105_jadepagoda30.html


taped to the inside of a window. to those of you more familiar with broadway than I am, it was the Jade pagoda. Upon reading the article I died a little bit inside, becuase I had one of those true "wish I coulda been around to experience this place when it was alive" kind of feelings, yet I was standing right outside of it, in its current state an empty shell.
it goes along with some discussions I've been having about the paving over of old seattle to create foundations for the new. but on another note. I had a dream last night of cornish. but it was futuristic cornish, possibly a good 50 years out. the interiors have a red and white color scheme and nellie's cafe is way trendy and futuristic. Think 60's interpretation of utopian society mixed with vitra.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I've waited at the bus stop just in front of the Jade Pagoda many times since august and wished that I would have gone in there before it closed...just to see what it was like in there.