Friday, October 12, 2007

from Shane Small

3rd floor
In our class room the song was Julia by the Beatles. I think the class had a real warm ambiance to it and this is why this song was in my head. When I walked in to the hallway outside of our class another Beatles song came to mind, this time it was she said. I feel that there was a lot of innocents and love in the hall way with parents and children feeling the hall.
2nd floor
This floor had a completely different vibe to it for me as I walked down the stair well I felt an emptiness and silence that brought about the song lateralus by tool and when I entered the lounge area the song heart shaped box blared in my ear and when I stared down one of the empty hall ways the song hurt came into my head by nin.
1st floor
By this time the darker side of my imagination took over and I as entered the first floor lobby the song ghost by Tupac was in my head. I then stared down the hallway with the exit and the song the nine-year tide came to my mind from twelve tribes.

1 comment:

Amanda Jane said...

I found it a bit fun to go around Keri Hall and think of a play list in my stream of consciousness. It was like opening a gate in my head that is kept closed for concentration and seriousness. The first song that arose to my groove was “Heart of Gold”, by Neil Young in out Humanities and Science classroom. Then walking out into the voices of children and parents, the song “Half and Acre” by Hem tuned though. I realized how oblivious people are in their every day lives, only looking what is in front of them and not feeling what is around them.(it’s in the song)

Moving through the stairwell, tapping my pencil on my thigh, the ambiance of voices and sounds gave way to the scene of the movie “the Shining” and the part where the orchestra plays the “Masquerade”. Entering to the second floor, Mozart “4 seasons” came in and out then walked outside to get some fresh air. The song “All of my days” by Alexi Murdoch played as I watched the wind move trough the trees and time pass by.

Walking back in to see what the basement/1st floor would bring to mind, now I don’t know why but the song in the Wizard of Oz by the Scarecrow, “If I only had a brain” came to me -
I would not be just a fluffin’
My head al full of stuffin’
My heart all full of pain
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain
-For some reason I felt really silly. So that is my bizarre play list.